• Foundation Press are a collaborative artist group making projects experimenting with publishing, printing and collaboration.
• We explore an art practice built around site-specific briefs or questions, using the idea of a ‘printing press’ loosely (working in different mediums and locations), thinking about a ‘press' as a space where different conversations and voices can be heard and published.
• Artworks made by Foundation Press might include workshops or setting up DIY spaces or murals or performances or books or posters or exhibitions or graphic design identities or (most importantly) other things we haven't thought of.
• We are always happy to speak about potential future projects, collaborations or to offer any advice you feel we might be able to help with. Please contact us via the email above.
• Foundation Press was originally formed by teaching staff from (and takes its name from) the Foundation Art & Design programme at University of Sunderland – specifically Adam Phillips, Joe Woodhouse, Tom Madge and Deborah Bower. Foundation Press projects often employ characteristics of Foundation Art & Design teaching/learning: we work across creative disciplines, within set timeframes, frequently collaboratively, often using simple materials or instructions as starting points.
* Please note we are not a print shop or commercial printers. If you require small-scale riso printing – we may be able to provide this if our schedules are clear and we feel that your activity fits the ethos and efforts of Foundation Press. If your project can be supported we will develop a bespoke quote for you based upon the specifics of what you need, this quote will be administered through University of Sunderland.